Installing a Halcyan Water Conditioners will take a qualified plumber, or experienced DIY enthusiast, between 1 and 1.5 hours, and only take up 250mm of pipe next to your mains water inlet. Here’s a brief list of what we suggest you have ready, or you can download the full installation instructions below.
How To Install The
Halcyan Water Conditioner
- 1 x Halcyan water conditioner
- 1 x 22mm+ single check valve (non-return valve)
- 2 x straight or reducing compression fittings
- Pipe cutters
- Adjustable spanners
- PTFE tape and jointing compound
- 1 x container to catch any run-off.
For a quick and easy run through, see our installation video:
For more detailed information please scroll below
- Make sure the water is turned off at the mains stop tap.
- Locate the best position to install the Halcyan Water Conditioner.
- You’ll need to leave enough space for the unit – placing the 22mm+ single check (non-return valve) between the stopcock and the Halcyan unit – and the connectors.
- Total length required is around 250mm.
- Measure, mark and remove the section of the pipe.
- Install the non-return valve (in the correct orientation of the water flow) between the stop tap and the Halcyan unit using PTFE tape and jointing compound as required.
- Install the Halcyan unit using good quality, correctly-sized compression fittings for your particular pipe diameter using PTFE tape and jointing compound as required.
- Tighten all the joints.
- Turn the water back on and check for leaks
Top tips & Space saver
- Ideally, locate the unit as close to the stopcock as possible, and before any T-off points so that all of the water serving the property benefits from the Halcyan system. Even the garden, as the ‘re- engineered water’ makes it easier for plants to absorb via osmosis.
- Always use a 22mm or larger single non-return valve, as some 15mm valves can limit flow rate.
- If a pump/water meter is installed, the Halcyan unit should be installed no less than two metres before or after the device.
- If space is limited, a vertical U-bend can be created to increase the available pipe length.
How to install the shower unit
The team at Halcyan can check our list of registered installers, who really know our system and have years of experience. Alternatively, any qualified plumber should have the skills required to do the job with no trouble at all.
So, if our Approved/Registered installers aren’t operating in your area, we recommend you visit the CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineers) website and pop your postcode into their ‘Local Plumber Finder’ service.
Solve your hard water limescale problem the easy, eco-friendly way with
Halcyan Water Conditioners.